Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need Advice with Setting Up a Dual-Boot System with Linux and Windows 11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Advice with Setting Up a Dual-Boot System with Linux and Windows 11?

Hello there,

I am seeking some advice on setting up a dual-boot system with Linux and Windows 11 on my PC. I have done some research; but I am still a bit uncertain about a few key steps and would greatly appreciate any guidance from those of you with experience in this area.

What’s the best way to partition my drive to ensure a smooth dual-boot setup? Should I use a specific partitioning tool during the Linux installation; or is there a recommended tool for preparing the partitions from Windows 11?

How do I configure the bootloader to make sure I can choose between Windows and Linux at startup? I have heard about GRUB; but I am not sure how to set it up properly in this context.

Are there any common issues I should be aware of when setting up a dual-boot system with these OSes? For example; how do I handle updates in Windows 11 that might affect the bootloader?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-aws-devops-linux-on-my-windows-10-laptop/03354640-a839-4a99-8b2c-c66fad61051a which definitely helped me out a lot.

Are there any particular Linux distributions that you have found to work better with Windows 11 for dual-boot configurations?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.
Working...
X